Cordova, Alaska Adventures
Prince William Sound is where sea otters play, seals and sea lions fish, and Orca whales are sighted. In the clear blue-green waters King, Sockeye, Coho salmon, and Halibut challenge commercial and sport fisherman.
Kayaks and charter boats explore the shoreline of the Copper River Delta and 700,000 acres of wetlands, home to black bear, brown bear, moose. and beaver. We have front row seats to the largest shorebird and nesting waterfowl migration in the northern continent which takes place every spring. Countless lakes and streams flow into the delta providing easy access to some of the best stream and river fishing in Alaska.
The beautiful Chugach Mountains and many interesting trails surround Cordova for hikers. Apartment size chunks of ice calving from Childs Glacier, one of the most spectacular and breathtaking glaciers, can be seen plunging into the Copper River below.
Cordova is a place where you forget your problems and enjoy getting up in the morning, being who you are, where you are, one more day. No words or pictures will prepare you for the beauty of Cordova, Alaska; you must experience it!
From the lodge you can enjoy
- Fishing for salmon, shark, dolly varden; spin and fly-fishing
- Hiking/camping adventures
- Bird watching/shorebird festival
- Wildlife viewing field trips
- Rentals, cars, boats, bikes, and equipment
- Ice worm festival/winter events
- Access to remote cabins and fly-in fishing
- Boating adventures, marine wildlife, whale watching
- Commercial fishing in Cordova (history and tours)
- Enjoy local berry picking in July and August